Mathematician, Data Scientist, Teacher
My proclivity and ability lies in the application of mathematics, statistics, and computer science to the solution of business problems. I hold a PH.D in theoretical mathematics and the ACAS designation from the Casualty Actuarial Society. My research focuses on the application of theoretical mathematics to machine learning. This has led to increased model precision while retaining model perspicuity and faster model calibrations. My current focus is on the insurance industry where I lead the Data Science division of MedPro Group. There I lead a team which researches and builds generalized linear and neural network models to address operational challenges, reserving, and the setting of rate relativities.
Previously, I taught undergraduate mathematics courses for over six years. The content of these courses ranged from freshman mathematics to abstract algebra. I have produced original, published research in pure and actuarial mathematics. Finally, I have also been the heavy metal director at a radio station, a programmer in IT, and an analyst in the retail industry.
Mathematics, Computer Science minor.
- MedPro Group
Lead Data Scientist, August 2018 – Present
- Farmers Insurance Group
Senior Predictive Analyst, December 2012 – August 2018
- Farmers Insurance Group
Actuarial Analyst, March 2015 – November 2015
- National Interstate Insurance Company
Programmer I, December 2011 – November 2012
- Sterling Jewelers
Labor Scheduling Analyst, July 2010 – April 2011
Metal Director, August 2009 – April 2010
- University Of Findlay
Department of Mathematics, Adjunct Faculty Fall 2009
- Bowling Green State University
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Teaching Assistant Fall 2005 – Summer 2008
- University Of Akron
Department of Theoretical and Applied Mathematics, Teaching Assistant Fall 2003 – Spring 2005
- The application of theoretical mathematics to Data and Actuarial Science to create simultaneously precise and explicable predictive models
- Functional Analysis
- Complex Analysis
- The Mathematics of On-Leveling. Casualty E -Forum, Spring 2017 22 March 2017. Web.
- Constructing polynomials of minimal growth. Journal of Contemporary Mathematical Analysis 49 (2014) 117 – 125
- An application of entire function theory to the synthesis of diagonal operators on the space of entire functions, with Steven M. Seubert. Houston Journal Of Mathematics 38 (2012) 201 – 207.
- A connection between operator topologies, polynomial interpolation and synthesis of diagonal operators. Journal Of Mathematical Analysis And Applications 350 (2009) 354-359.
- Cyclic vectors of diagonal operators on the space of functions analytic on a disk, with Steven M Seubert. Journal Of Mathematical Analysis And Applications 334 (2007) 1209-1219.